Our sexuality is a thing we can’t divorce from our being, and so is our creative nature. These are things we live and die with. Taking care of them is as important as the care you give to other energy points.
One of the human’s biological activities is achieving sexual gratification. However, blockages can hinder this, just like other energy points.
All humans are made to create. We are naturally creative, and this is why keeping our sacral chakra aligned vital. You don’t want to be stagnated from creating. It is in our best interest that we open and keeps Svadisthana chakra aligned.
Table of Contents
The Sacral Chakra
The sacral chakra is also known as the Svadisthana chakra in Sanskrit. Swadisthana's other terms include the sex chakra, the social chakra, and the creation chakra. This energy point is at the center of the lower belly. This chakra is extensively linked with sexuality and creativity.
Before we proceed, I want to share a free PDF with my readers created by my friend Alex which explains the simple yet scientifically proven Wealth DNA method that allows you to effortlessly start attracting the wealth and abundance you deserve....So you can easily quit your soul sucking dead-end job and live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Whether it’s traveling to exotic locations around the world…Buy anything you want without having to check out the price tags…And never having to worry about bills. Click here to access this “Wealth DNA” report to awaken your dormant ability to attract wealth and abundance >>>
Svadisthana also means “one’s own dwelling” as it is associated with emotional body, sensuality, and creativity. This energy point allows us to freely experience and feels pleasure.
The Svadisthana chakra possesses feminine energy with the symbol of a flower or a crescent moon. Beautiful right? Orange is the color associated with Svadisthana. The six-petalled lotus flower and represents Svadisthana Water is the sacral chakra’s element, and its mantra or affirmations are “I feel” phrases.
This chakra is with the most profound connections with our sensuality and passion. That is why it has a massive influence on our feelings, sex life, and creative expression.
Svadisthana cultivates your flexibility and adaptability. This encourages you to welcome positive change and move on from past negativities.
Key Characteristics of the Sacral Chakra (Svadisthana Chakra)
- Emotions – This chakra is deeply connected with your feelings. Establish a better connection to this energy point.
- Pleasure – Motivated by joy and pleasure, the sacral chakra is responsible for your full enjoyment through your senses. This is also the establishment of your emotional well-being.
- Sensuality – This chakra helps you connect and understand others. This energy point also develops your intimate connection with others.
- Creativity – This chakra gives life to your creative expression and allows you to explore new ideas. The sacral chakra engages your mind and stimulates your imagination.
- Passion – People spend time finding out what they are passionate about. The sacral chakra helps you explore and discover whatever it is you’re genuinely passionate about. Living with passion is fuel and one of the keys to enjoying life.
Sacral Chakra: Blockages and Imbalance
Like other aspects of our life, there may be elements that cause imbalance to your Svadisthana chakra. You may not know it, but there are obvious signs and symptoms when your sacral chakra is blocked or imbalanced.
Every chakra in your body is interconnected. This means if one chakra is experiencing blockages of imbalance, all the others are affected. The flow is disrupted, which leads to mind, body, and spirit struggles.
A blocked sacral chakra can manifest in two ways, namely, underactive and overactive.
Underactive Sacral Chakra
When the sacral chakra is underactive, it means that the chakra is not distributing to the energy flow. An underactive sacral chakra also means that there is a blockage in that certain energy point.
When your chakra is blocked or underactive, you may lose your sense of control in coping with changes. The blockages may detach you from your emotions and those around you.
- Lack of creativity
- Fear of happiness
- Low sex drive
- Lack of desire
- Inability to express emotions
- Being inauthentic to yourself
- Detachment to yourself and other people
- Lack of joy and excitement
- Sluggishness, laziness, and fatigue
- Feeling emotionally numb
- Fear of change
These are only some of the symptoms you might experience when your sacral chakra is underactive. If you sense that there may be something wrong, it’s best to pinpoint and act upon these changes.
Overactive Sacral Chakra
This is the opposite of the underactive sacral chakra. You can only have enough of the things in the world. Too much of everything is not suitable for you. The same goes for the energy of the sacral chakra.
When the sacral chakra is overactive, it means it is distributing too much energy. The activity is excessive and causes an imbalance in the flow of energy. When this energy point is filled with too much, this will overwhelm you. You may become oversensitive, feel emotions more intensely, experience mood swings, and more.
- Feeling overly emotional or having emotional overreactions
- Feeling ruled by emotions
- Addictive Personality
- Sexual addictions
- Manipulative Behavior
- Cannot distinguish boundaries
You may discover that your sacral chakra may go back and forth from being underactive to overactive. This is because your energy point may struggle in finding a healthy balance.
Physical symptoms of Sacral Chakra imbalance
There are also tangible physical symptoms when you have blocked or imbalanced throat chakra. As I have mentioned earlier, chakras encompass mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- Lower back pain
- Tiredness and fatigues
- Infection in kidneys
- Mood swings or depression
- Prostate issues in men
- Menstrual cycle issues in women
Sacral Affirmations: Balancing
- I attract people who respect me
- My emotions are free-flowing and balanced
- I feel happy with my life
- I welcome sensuality in my life
- I welcome happiness in my life
- I feel nourished and fulfilled when I create art
- I receive pleasure and abundance
- I am a creative being
- I accept my sexuality
- I feel happy and content with my sex life
- Sex is a sacred connection
- I choose to feel joy and excitement instead of other things in life
- I am open to receiving pleasure
- I am passionate
- I am available and ready to experience the present moment
Ways to balance your Sacral Chakra
Balancing your chakra is restoring the harmonious, balanced flow of energy throughout your body. Here are some ways to balance your sacral chakra.
Connect with water
Water is the sacral chakra’s element. Connecting with water will help you balance your sacral chakra. You can take a bath, go swimming, dangle your feet in, or simply run your hand in a body of water.
Allow the flow of your creativity in your life. You can revisit your hobbies such as drawing, dancing, or singing. You can do many things according to your preference. Make sure that you have fun in what you do. You can write or draw and participate in other playful activities.
Yoga is another way to keep your sacral chakra balanced. There are yoga poses that are especially helpful in maintaining balance to this specific chakra. Some of these poses are,
- Open angle (Upavistha Konasana)
- Frog (Bhekasana)
- Pigeon (Kapotasana)
- Goddess poses (Utkata Konasana)
A quiet and calm mind is capable of a lot of things. Practicing peace is essential for balance. In meditating, sit with your back and spine straight. Relax your whole being and take deep breaths. Focus your attention on your sacral chakra.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
Calmly speak good things into your life. Try to use the phrases “I feel” as much as possible. For example, “I feel passionate.” “I feel comfortable in my body.”
Aromatherapy is also an effective way to balance your chakra. The best essential oils for balancing your sacral chakra include Rose, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Cardamom, and Orange.
The sacral chakra’s complementary crystal is the Carnelian. You can also use Citrine, Amber, Sunstone, and Tangerine Quartz. You can use these crystals to decorate your room, office, or desk. For a trendy twist, you can wear them as jewelry.
Foods also possess special effects and influence in specific chakras. We connect deeply with food as they enter our body and can create changes. To help balance your sacral chakra, you can eat orange foods. You can include sweet potatoes, carrots, and orange bell peppers in your daily meal or diet.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations: Healing
- I deserve to enjoy my life
- I feel at peace with myself
- I feel at ease with others
- I feel happiness and comfort in embracing my sexuality
- I feel confident about my body
- I allow my creative energy to flow freely in me
- I feel happy and contented with my sexuality
- My sexuality is sacred
- I deserve to be treated with respect
- I feel so much respect for other individuals
- I let go of all past feelings that no longer serve me and clouds my judgment
- I feel comfortable in my body, and I will take care of my body
- I will protect myself and draw clear boundaries
- I will never allow someone to violate the limitations I have set
- I feel my creativity growing and propagating in me
Balancing and keeping your sacral chakra open and aligned might be challenging. However, do not give up! Your efforts will be worth it in the end. Taking care of your sacral chakra will help you in various aspects. Take time to take care of your sacral chakra today. Welcome positive transformation and live the best life!