Those who call upon this archangel, he shall motivate and inspire.
They say that this archangel comes after Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. He is the fourth archangel.
Archangel Uriel is the angel of wisdom and philosophical illumination.
Table of Contents
Archangel Uriel: Who Is This Archangel?
He is an embodiment of light and truth: Archangel Uriel. Archangel Uriel is in an equal division of historically dominant archangels as Archangel Michael, Archangel Gabriel, and Archangel Raphael.
The name Uriel or sometimes spelled as Ouriel, means, “God is my light,” “light of God,” or “God’s fire.”
Archangel Uriel's name, one can say it as “yur-ee-el.”
His name has other spellings, such as Uryan, Urian, Usiel, Uzziel, Suriel, Oriel, and Auriel.
He is the angel of wisdom and philosophical illumination. Variously, people refer to him as the “prince of the sun,” “angel of salvation,” “angel of the presence,” and the “patron of prophecy.”
You may also refer to Archangel Uriel as St. Uriel.
Archangel Uriel’s spiritual roles are both various and different. He is in charge of two things: transformation and transmutation.
Also, people believe that he is part of the cherubim and illuminated seraphim. Seraphim stand closest to God: Archangel Uriel can be your direct link to God.
With the Archangel Uriel being the light of God, many consider him one of the most powerful archangels.
In terms of appearance, the Archangel Uriel is very masculine-like. People associate him with the following:
In various traditions such as Christian, Hebrew, Kabbalistic, and Islamic traditions: they know of Archangel Uriel.
Some say that he is the patron angel of the place we call Jerusalem.
The devotees of Archangel Uriel commemorate his feast day every 28th of July.
Archangel Uriel’s Symbols
In the most artistic portrayal of Archangel Uriel: artists depict him as an angel who carries a book or scrolls around. The book and scroll symbolize intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom. Archangel Uriel's depictions show him with an open hand, and he is often holding a sun or a flame. The sun and the flame are the representation of the truthiness of God.
Like the other archangels: Archangel Uriel has his very own angelic energy color. His celestial energy is color red. While most associates the color red with Uriel, some believers still associate him with gold and yellow colors.
Archangel Uriel is not just an angel. Some Christians consider Uriel as a saint. Moreover, he is the patron saint of the arts and science. Why? It is because of his abilities and works.
Archangel Uriel is also the patron of confirmation, for he guides the faithful. If you wish to seek a faithful turn, call upon Archangel Uriel, and he will lend you a hand.
Archangel Uriel’s Ray
Red or ruby red, to be specific, is the shade of the divine energy of Archangel Uriel. One can link this color with the root chakra’s energy.
The color red is a representation of the vitality and power of the life force. Archangel Uriel is your stabilizing life influencer.
The Roles of Archangel Uriel in Religious Texts
Canonical religious texts of the world’s significant religions did not mention anything about the archangel. Meanwhile, in primary religious apocryphal texts, those religious texts mention the significance of Archangel Uriel.
Do you know what are apocryphal texts? These are religious works and compositions of the Bible which belong in the early Bible versions. However, nowadays, in today’s Bibles, these apocryphal texts, you do not see them often.
Here are some of Archangel Uriel’s appearances:
- Archangel Uriel is one of the seven archangels who are to preside over the realm- this is how the Book of Enoch describes him.
- In the tenth chapter of Enoch, he is the angel who warns Noah about the coming of the great flood.
- In the nineteenth and twenty-first chapters of Enoch, Archangel Uriel reveals about the fallen angels of God.
- In 2 Esdras, he is the angel who God sends over to Ezra to answer a series of questions.
- In apocryphal gospels, he is the angel who saves John the Baptist from the orders of King Herod- this happened around the time of Jesus’ birth when King Herod ordered a massacre. An order to massacre all the young boys.
- In the Apocalypse of Peter, the angel of repentance is Archangel Uriel’s description and title.
- Archangel Uriel is the angel who checks the doors of homes throughout Egypt. In this appearance, he was checking the doors for lamb’s blood during the Passover. The Jewish tradition includes this appearance.
Calling Upon Archangel Uriel
If you wish to invoke mighty beings like Archangel Uriel, make sure to let go of all the negativity and loosen yourself up.
If you call upon Archangel Uriel with a quiet mind and an open heart, he will come to you and provide you the explanations to your questions.
Here are some ways to connect with the Archangel Uriel:
- Quiet your mind. Be calm.
- Cite a prayer, chant, or litany.
Here are some reasons to call upon Archangel Uriel:
- He will serve as a lamp to your path.
- Archangel Uriel carries supreme knowledge.
- He is a teacher.
- If you want to experience the totality of a journey, he can assist you with it.
- A higher dimensional aspect, the Archangel Uriel can bring.
- He will overlight your life.
- He offers you excellent knowledge and wisdom. He also provides information that you will need along the way of your journey.
- Archangel Uriel is to give enlightenment to those who seek.
- As you reach for peace, Uriel will proffer you with compassion and strength.
- This archangel can assist you in achieving your goals.
- To your problems, Archangel Uriel will give practical solutions.
- When you have blocked energy, he can help release it.
- Archangel Uriel offers clarity and understanding.
- He will help you find blessings through adversity.
- Your disappointments, he will help to turn them into victories.
Once you are ready to unite with Archangel Uriel, envision him and his ray. More of God’s will and wisdom, he will direct you to the one he serves: God.
In times that you need wisdom and confidence, Archangel Uriel will inject you in some doses. He will motivate you to serve and help others. Along with that, he will empower you and lift you.
God’s Archangel Uriel will help you with anything, as long as it benefits and helps humankind.
Archangel Uriel, the divine pillar of solitary strength, may he assist you in times of drowning from negativity. May he help you with all those things that may threaten to overwhelm you.
You can count on Archangel Uriel; he will shine you and fill you with the lightness of God’s wisdom and grace.
May Archangel Uriel lift you to a higher vibrational level in God’s grace and perfect time.