The Third Eye Chakra is the sixth of the seven major chakras. Its most popular Sanskrit name is Ajna Chakra. However, it is also referred to as Third eye chakra, Brow chakra, BhruMadhya, or Dvidak Padma.
Ajna means “perceive,” “beyond wisdom,” and “command.” The Third eye chakra’s location is between your two eyebrows. It is referred to as the seat of intuition as it is the center of intuition and foresight.
The third eye chakra allows us to concentrate and clear our minds. Located in the forehead, it is the highest chakra in the physical body. When you are at a high place, you can oversee and look at the bigger picture. In Yogic Metaphysics, the Ajna Chakra is where we transcend duality. This is where the individual self is set apart from the rest of the world.
Have you ever heard of the concept of the sixth sense? This concept came from the Third Eye chakra. Clairvoyance, strong intuition, or the ability to see beyond the physical. It is the most perceptive part of the physical and spiritual body.
The Ajna Chakra is responsible for self-awareness, intuition, imagination, higher wisdom, discernment, clarity, and decision-making. Its mantra is the phrase, “I see.”
The color indigo represents the third eye chakra. Ajna Chakra has feminine energy. The image of an upside-down triangle with a lotus flower is a symbol for this energy point. These symbols are often associated with wisdom.
The element of this energy point is light. The Ajna chakra’s bija mantra or seed sound is the “OM” or “AUM” sound.
Third Eye Chakra: Blockages and Imbalance
When the Third Eye Chakra is balanced, you have a clear perception of the world. You can discern and follow your intuition and have a higher sense of purpose. However, when it is blocked or imbalanced, you may struggle with some difficulties.
Third Eye chakra imbalances can manifest as overactive and underactive imbalances. Here are some symptoms you might feel when your energy point is experiencing blockages or imbalances:
- Poor vision
- Feeling stuck
- Not being able to see the bigger picture
- Failure to establish a vision for yourself
- Poor imagination
- Issue in concentration
- Rejection of anything spiritual and beyond
- Sleep disturbances
- Mental fog
- No inspiration
- Ignores intuition and does not trust it
- Highly logical and highly emotional
- Damaging addiction to material things
- Egoistic Nature
- Depression, constant overdriving mind
When you have overactive third eye chakra, you might experience
Imbalances and blockages can also manifest themselves in the physical aspect of your life. Everything is connected, after all.
- Tension in the brow area
- Blurred vision
- Sinus issues
- Hearing problems
Third Eye Chakra Affirmations: Healing and Balance
When your third eye chakra is in complete balance and alignment, you feel harmonious, calm, and composed. You will also be able to let go of your ego and become more self-aware.
Affirmations are helpful lines that you can do daily to help your eye chakra’s healing and balance. You can recite them out loud, in your mind, or write them in your journal. You have to believe and be consistent too.
Here are some affirmations that may help you throughout your everyday.
- I am wise and intuitive
- I am connected to my inner wisdom
- I am connected with the wisdom of the universe
- I release and forget the past
- I can manifest my vision
- I trust my intuition, always
- I see all things in clarity
- Every situation is an opportunity for growth
- I make the right decisions whenever I face problems
- I am willing and open to knowledge
- I am open to new experiences
- I allow myself to exude positive energy
- Seeing the bigger picture comes naturally to me
- My life moves towards my purpose
- I am aware of my capabilities
- My imagination is vivid
- My imagination is powerful
- I smartly assess situations unfolding before me
- My third eye sees all
- I radiate blue light from my Ajna Chakra
- I seek knowledge and wisdom
- I create clarity of mind
- My vision has no limits
- I live in the light of my higher mind
Repeating and doing these affirmations every day will help heal and balance your third eye chakra. You can set a time whenever may be the most comfortable for you. You can do affirmation sessions during small windows of opportunity every day.
This way, you can spend even a tiny amount of time despite your busy life. You can do it during these times:
- Early in the morning – Start your day right by practicing affirmations and meditation before preparing for your day. The early morning is calm and gives you a sense of a new beginning.
- While taking a bath – Water is a powerful element. You can incorporate water manifestation as you do your affirmations. Honor the water that cleanses you inwardly and outwardly.
- Before or after meals – Just a couple of minutes to give thanks and affirmations will help you have better grounding. Our body’s physical need to eat can act as a reminder not to lose focus.
- While waiting in line – Waiting in line can be very dull and taxing. Most of us resort to using our phones or other types of gadgets. You can change this unhealthy habit. Start practicing manifesting while waiting for your queue.
- Before going to bed – You can also take advantage of the peace and quiet during nighttime—your time before sleeping is most ideal. You may even do your affirmations in your dream as you sleep.
At your convenience, you can also schedule a longer time to manifest and meditate. It is totally up to you. You can set your own time and decorate your room to heighten and contribute to your relaxation.
You can light candles and play some music as you do. An Indigo candle is a good choice. Decorate your room with crystals that are connected with your eye chakra as well. Your comfort matters, so make sure you are in a comfortable place. Essential oils are beneficial as well.
- Kitchari Mudra – curl your tongue to the back of your throat
- Shambhavi Mudra – bring your eyes up and gaze between your eyebrows
- Kumbhaka breathing – Retain your breath on the inhale and exhale
First, you need to find a place that helps you calm your mind. Proceed to sit with your legs crossed. Then, start tilting your head back at a 45-degree angle. Do the Kitchari Mudra.
Slowly breathe in and out.
Once you get used to the prior movements, add in the Shambhavi Mudra. After this, you can add the final technique, Kumbhaka breathing. Stay in this position and exercise for as long as you are comfortable.
Intake and healing
We can’t deny that food is part of our everyday lives. It is crucial for survival. We share a unique and deep connection with what we eat and drink. We allow them to enter our bodies and create changes inwardly and on the outside.
Here are some of the beneficial foods for our Third Eye chakra:
- Purple colored fruits like grapes, blueberries, plums, blackberries, and elderberries
- Lavender flavored spices or tea
Meditate and humming the bija mantra
You can spend at least five minutes sitting and chanting the “OM” or “AUM” sound. This vibration will help to open and tuning in your third eye chakra.
Cleansing and detox
Try to clear yourself from any harmful and dangerous activities that may disrupt the peace in your body.
Bask in the sunlight or the moonlight
As I may have mentioned, the element of the Ajna chakra is light. Exposing yourself to natural light helps in balancing your chakra. It can also help your vibrational energy tune in to a higher frequency.
Let limits go
Your beliefs are sometimes the ones limiting you from balance and getting rid of blockages. These limiting beliefs compromise your healing process. Your insecurity and image of yourself might be keeping you away from the good things in life.
Self-doubt and pity are harmful to your overall well-being. Stop saying “I am not enough,” “I am the worst,” and start changing it into “I am worthy,” “I am the best,” “I deserve love and wisdom.” The latter are the ones that are good for you. Trust yourself.
Stay grounded and never forget your goals, even when surrounded by tasks. You may be busy, but there’s always a way for you to keep connecting. Do breathing exercises to help you relax.
You can gaze at the sky anytime. You can do star gazing, moon-gazing, or sky gazing. This practice is very calming and is beautiful in every sense! You will feel a feeling of being embraced by the universe.
Observe your thoughts
Your thoughts are crucial to manifestation and doing amazing things in your life. You need to observe and guard your thoughts. Change all the negative thoughts with positive ones. When you feel like you are about to think of something terrible, shrug it off immediately. Think of something positive that has happened in your life and be thankful for it.
Take care of yourself.
Some of these practices may be hard to adjust to or maintain. However, you need to remind yourself of the positive change it will bring to your life. Action is a powerful thing paired with mindset. All the efforts you will exert are worth it, for sure. Keep going! Find the time and take care of your Third Eye Chakra today.