If you have made a choice to launch your own Tarot reading business, you most likely have a lot of queries about how to get started. Thus, before you allow stress and reservations to get into you, remember that careful planning is the best way to attain a goal.
You may make money out of your knowledge and interest. Tarot card reading is a $2 billion industry in the US, so you might create your own fortune-telling business and make decent money while helping individuals with their lives.
I want to share something with you. One of the most stressful things to deal with is to be really into someone and not know where you stand. It can literally drive you insane! You check your horoscope, you look for answers, and while it helps you understand the situation, it doesn’t help you understand THEM!
Well now, there’s a great way to read your lover (or crush) and find out everything they’ll never tell you. This new Love Tarot reading spills all their secrets >>>
My good friend Angel Adams put this together for my readers. It tells you what they really think of you, reveals how they really feel about you and puts you in complete control of your love life.
So you can get clarity around the confusion, mixed signals, and uncertainty you may be dealing with from that special someone. Read your lover with this eye-opening 3 Cards Tarot reading >>>
You may even launch it as an online business and conveniently manage it from your home. To build a tarot reading business, you will need to select the spreads and readings you will offer as your services, set your prices based on the value you provide, handle business laws, develop and carry out a brand, and invest time and energy in marketing your business.
Do not let your apprehension about starting a business prevent you from pursuing your aspirations. Instead, please take a look at the ten concrete steps I have listed for you that cover everything you ought to know and what you need to do to begin a profitable Tarot reading business.
Step 1: Gather Your Ideas
For a business to be successful, the owner must have a clear strategy. You can use it to sketch out your business' specifics.
Some key subjects to think about are:
- Who is the target market? How much income can a tarot reading business generate?
- What will the name of your business be?
- What will you name your business?
Since we have your back, we made every effort to do our task and provide you with all the pertinent facts.
The excellent news here is that you can get started with this business with very little capital. A superb deck of cards that appeal to you, a computer, a phone, an internet connection, and a portable tent or table set up for events like festivals and fairs are all necessary.
A quality website will also be essential. You can start off with about $3000 to $5,000.
The expenses associated with a phone system will increase the setup fees by a few thousand dollars if you decide to expand by hiring additional readers.
Who is the target market?
The person who regularly seeks advice and books weekly or monthly readings will be your best customer. Tarot readings can make enormous revenue for a few short days, but they are challenging to book.
You will need clients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. You only need to identify those who are open-minded and willing to receive the insight given to them.
How much income can a tarot reading business generate?
The first year of operation for a new tarot business can bring in about $25,000. Your profits will increase as the number of your clients does.
What will you name your business?
Your business name is its identity, so pick one that expresses your goals, services, and mission in a few words. You will probably like a brief and simple name because word-of-mouth referrals will be a significant component of your business.
Once you've compiled a list of potential names, check the US Patent Trademark Office's website to ensure they are available for registration in order to boost credibility.
Step 2: Craft Your Business Plan
Every business must have a plan. This will serve as a handbook to help your startup through the development period while staying focused on your primary goals.
A business plan also helps prospective partners and know your business and its perspective.
- Summary or Overview: A brief summary of the entire business plan that should be written after the plan is finished.
- Overview: Provide an overview of the company, including its vision, mission, ownership, and corporate goals.
- Product and Services Description: Provide a detailed description of your offerings.
- Market Analysis: Conduct a SWOT analysis and evaluate market dynamics such as variations in demand and growth prospects.
- Competitive Analysis: Evaluate your main competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and create a checklist of the advantages of your services.
- Marketing and Sales: Investigate your company's unique selling propositions and construct sales, marketing, and marketing initiatives.
- Management Team: Overview of the management team, including roles and professional backgrounds, as well as a corporate hierarchical organization.
- Operations Plan: The operational plan for your company includes information such as location, critical assets and equipment, and other logistical details.
- Financial Plan: Includes a three-year financial plan, including startup costs, break-even analysis, revenue and loss estimates, liquidity, and income statement.
- Appendix: Contains information specific individuals may wish to review, such as curriculum vitae of key personnel and partners, letters of reference, and copies of permits, patents, leases, and contracts.
Step 3: Register Your Tarot Reading Business
Having to register your business is a critical step because it is required for paying income tax, capital financing, opening a bank account, and other deliverables on the road to getting a business running.
Registration is thrilling because it formalizes the entire process. You'll have your own company once it is finished!
We advise that new business owners use the Limited Liability Company structure because it provides liability protection and pass-through taxation. In terms of registering for taxes, you must obtain an Employer Identification Number.
Once you have your EIN, you can choose a tax year. Your tax cycle will be determined by this, while your business structure will determine which taxes you will pay.
It is vital to seek the assistance of an accountant to ensure that you are correctly completing your taxes.
Step 4: Fund Your Tarot Reading Business
The next step is to secure financing, and there are various ways to do so:
- Bank loans: The most common method, but a solid business plan and a good credit history are required for approval.
- SBA-guaranteed loans: Through an SBA-guaranteed loan, the Small Business Administration can act as a guarantor, aiding in obtaining that elusive bank approval.
- Government grants: A few financial assistance programs help entrepreneurs get started.
- Friends and Family: Ask your friends and family for a business loan or investment in your idea. It's also a good idea to seek legal counsel when doing so because SEC regulations matter in this case.
- Personal: Use your savings or the sale of property or other assets to fund your business.
Other than friends and family, bank and SBA loans are probably the best options for funding a tarot reading business.
Step 5: Apply for Permits and Licenses
Starting a tarot reading business necessarily involves the acquisition of several licenses and permits from local, state, and federal governments.
Health licenses and permits from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, copyrights, and other intellectual properties, as well as industry-specific licenses and permits, are all federal regulations, licenses, and permits linked with forming a business.
Licenses and permits may also be required at the state, county, or city levels. To understand more about license requirements and how to get them, visit the websites of your state, city, and county governments or contact the right person.
Failure to comply with legal requirements can lead to hefty penalties, so this is not a step to be taken sparingly. If you are confused by this step or unsure where to begin, it may be a good idea to hire a professional to assist you in ticking all the legal boxes.
Step 6: Open a Business Bank Account
Before you can begin earning money, you will need a place to keep it, which necessarily involves opening a bank account.
Keeping your business' financial activities separate from your personal account makes it simpler to file taxes and monitor your company's income, so it's worthwhile even if your tarot reading business is a sole proprietorship. Opening a business bank account is just like opening a personal one. You just need to inquire about their rates and features with your preferred bank.
Banks' offerings vary, so it's an intelligent option to compare your choices and choose the best plan for you.
Step 7: Get Business Insurance
Business insurance is a critical area that is frequently forgotten, despite the fact that it can be vital to your success as a business owner. Insurance protects you from unanticipated events that can be detrimental to your business.
Here are some insurance options to consider:
- General liability insurance: This is the most extensive type of insurance, serving as a catch-all for many business elements that require coverage. It even covers bodily injury and property damage.
- Business Property: Protects your equipment and supplies.
- Employees' compensation: Pays out reasonable wage and salary to employees who are injured on the job.
- Property: This refers to your physical space, such as a cart, storefront, or office.
- Business owner's policy (BOP):This is an insurance plan that combines the aforementioned insurance kinds into a single, all-encompassing insurance policy.
Step 8: Get Ready to Introduce Your Business
As the launch date approaches, assess and improve several important aspects of your business.
Even though online users and casual onlookers may contribute to a portion of your revenue, you should nonetheless participate in digital marketing!
Spreading the word is crucial for new businesses as it will increase brand and client visibility. Because you can make exciting postings that showcase your services on social media, it is a superb tool for business promotion:
- Facebook: Useful platform for paid advertising since it lets you target particular demographics.
- Instagram: Same advantages as Facebook but with a different target market.
- Website: SEO will help your website rank higher in related search results, which is vital for increasing sales. Ensure that your website is optimized for calls to action.
Focus on USPs
A product or service's unique selling points, or USPs, are the qualities that make it stand out from the competitors. Customers today have a plethora of purchasing options, so being able to promptly and quickly convey how your tarot reading service fulfills their wants or wishes will give you a distinct advantage.
Make every effort to make your USPs shine on your website and in your advertising and marketing materials so that they will spark customers' interest.
Utilize your website, social media platforms, and offline events to spread the word about your services and develop your brand. Some recommendations are:
- Branding: Post striking signage at your office and on your website.
- Create a blog: Create a blog and post constantly. Share your content on other websites as well.
- Seek additional referrals: Give fun and exciting incentives to encourage current clients to recommend new ones.
- Paid social media advertising: Use sites that will help you reach your target audience and run customized advertisements.
Step 9: Hire Efficient Employees
You might not require any staff if you are just starting out modestly from your home office. However, as your company expands, you will probably need employees to fill a variety of significant positions.
Positions that could be available in a tarot reading company include:
- Tarot readers: Provide readings and client support.
- General Manager: Accounting and Scheduling
- Marketing Lead: Social media and SEO tactics
In the future, depending on the growth and demands of your business, you might need to fill all of these positions.
Advertisements can be placed for free on well-known websites like Jobs.com, Facebook, or LinkedIn to search for employees.
Step 10: Enjoy Doing Your Passion while Making a Living!
Tarot reading businesses are undemanding and affordable to launch. All you need to do to get started is learn how to read the cards, get a quality computer, and create a website.
It is a surprisingly big industry. As a result, you can achieve financial success while also supporting people's well-being.
Now that you're well-informed, it is time to make your plans official and launch your entrepreneurial career. We wish you all the best for your business!